Are you thinking of promoting your blog posts, but not sure how?
Creating high-quality blog posts is an essential part of content marketing, but it’s only half the battle. Once you’ve crafted an engaging blog post, the next step is to promote it effectively to attract readers and grow your audience.
In today’s crowded digital landscape, getting your blog posts in front of the right people can be a challenge, but it’s feasible. By using proven promotion strategies, you can increase your blog’s visibility and drive more traffic to your site.
In this article, we’ll share proven strategies for promoting your blog posts, so you can get more eyes on your content and achieve your content marketing goals.
What’s a Blog Post
A blog post is an article or piece of content written for a blog, typically published online and intended to engage with an audience.
Blog posts can cover a wide range of topics, from personal stories to news and analysis, and they can be written in various styles, such as informative, persuasive, or entertaining.
Benefits To Writing Blog Posts
There are many benefits to writing blog posts, both for the writer and the audience. Some of the main benefits include:
- Building authority and credibility: By writing regularly about a specific topic, you can establish yourself as an expert in that field and gain credibility with your audience.
- Connecting with your audience: Blog posts offer a way to connect with your audience on a personal level, share your experiences, and engage with their comments and feedback.
- Driving traffic to your website: By publishing high-quality blog posts, you can attract more visitors to your website and potentially convert them into customers or subscribers.
- Boosting your SEO: Search engines like Google favor websites that produce fresh, high-quality content on a regular basis, so blogging can help you improve your search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic to your site.
- Developing your writing skills: Blogging is a great way to practice and improve your writing skills, whether you’re a professional writer or just starting out.
Proven Strategies for Promoting Your Blog Posts
There are many strategies you can use to promote your blog posts online and increase your readership. Here are some top, proven strategies to consider:
1. Repurposing Your Blog Content
Repurposing your blog content is a powerful strategy for promoting your blog online. By repurposing your content, you can reach new audiences, drive traffic to your site, and build your brand. Here are some tactics on how to repurpose your content:
- Create videos: Turn your blog posts into videos. You can create short, engaging videos that summarize your blog posts or go more in-depth on the topic. Share your videos on YouTube, social media, and your blog.
- Create infographics: Turn your blog posts into infographics. Infographics are a great way to visually represent data and information. Share your infographics on social media and your blog.
- Create podcasts: Turn your blog posts into podcasts. You can create short podcasts that summarize your blog posts or go more in-depth on the topic. Share your podcasts on iTunes, Spotify, and your blog.
- Create slideshows: Turn your blog posts into slideshows. You can create visually appealing slideshows that summarize your blog posts or go more in-depth on the topic. Share your slideshows on SlideShare and your blog.
- Create eBooks: Turn your blog posts into eBooks. You can compile your blog posts into an eBook and offer it as a free download on your blog. This will not only provide value to your readers, but it will also help you build your email list.
- Create webinars: Turn your blog posts into webinars. You can create webinars that go more in-depth on the topic of your blog posts. Share your webinars on social media and your blog.
- Create social media posts: Turn your blog posts into social media posts. You can create short, engaging social media posts that summarize your blog posts or go more in-depth on the topic. Share your social media posts on your social media channels.
By repurposing your content, you can reach new audiences and drive traffic to your site. Experiment with different formats to find what works best for your audience. Remember to always link back to your blog and provide value to your readers.
Related Content: How to repurpose your blog content for social media
2. Building Links To Your Blog
Building links to your blog is a powerful strategy for promoting your blog online. Link building is the process of acquiring backlinks to your site from other sites. Backlinks are an important ranking factor for search engines, and they can drive traffic to your site from other sites. Here are some strategic tactics on how to build links to your site:
- Create valuable content: The first step to building links is to create valuable content that people want to link to. Create in-depth, informative, and engaging content that provides value to your readers.
- Guest blogging: Reach out to other bloggers in your niche and offer to write a guest post for their blog. In exchange for the guest post, you can ask for a backlink to your site. This will not only provide valuable backlinks to your site, but will also expose your blog to a new audience.
- Broken link building: Find broken links on other sites in your niche and reach out to the site owner. Offer to provide a replacement link to your site in exchange for the broken link. This will not only provide a valuable backlink to your site, but will also help the site owner fix their broken link.
- Link reclamation: Monitor mentions of your brand and blog online. If someone mentions your brand or blog but doesn’t link back to your site, reach out to them and ask for a link. This will not only provide valuable backlinks to your site, but will also help you build relationships with other bloggers.
- Create linkable assets: Create valuable resources on your site that people want to link to. This could include infographics, ebooks, templates, or other resources that provide value to your readers.
Remember, link building takes time and effort, but it is a powerful strategy for promoting your blog online. Focus on creating valuable content and building relationships with other bloggers in your niche. Over time, your efforts will pay off in the form of increased traffic and a stronger online presence.
3. Creating a UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) Link
Creating a UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) link is a powerful strategy for promoting your blog posts. UTM links allow you to track the performance of your marketing campaigns by adding parameters to your URLs. This will help you determine which campaigns are driving traffic to your blog and which ones are not.
Here are some tactics you can implement:
- Start with the base URL: Begin by entering the base URL of the page you want to promote. This is the URL of your blog post or landing page.
- Add UTM parameters: Add UTM parameters to your URL to track your marketing campaigns. There are five UTM parameters: source, medium, campaign, term, and content.
- Source: This parameter identifies where your traffic is coming from. For example, if you’re running a Facebook ad campaign, your source would be Facebook.
- Medium: This parameter identifies the type of traffic you’re receiving. For example, if you’re running a display ad campaign, your medium would be display.
- Campaign: This parameter identifies the specific campaign you’re running. For example, if you’re running a summer sale campaign, your campaign would be “summer sale.”
- Term: This parameter is used for tracking paid search keywords. If you’re running a Google AdWords campaign, you can use this parameter to track the keywords you’re bidding on.
- Content: This parameter is used to differentiate between different ads or links that point to the same URL. For example, if you’re running two different ads on Facebook that point to the same landing page, you can use this parameter to differentiate between the two ads.
- Use a URL builder tool: Use a UTM URL builder tool to create your UTM link. There are several free tools available online, such as Google’s Campaign URL Builder, Bitly, and Hootsuite.
- Test your UTM link: Test your UTM link to make sure it works correctly. Click on the link and make sure it takes you to the correct page with the UTM parameters.
By creating UTM links, you can track the performance of your marketing campaigns and optimize your efforts to promote your blog online. Use the data you collect from your UTM links to refine your marketing strategies and drive more traffic to your blog.
4. Answering Questions On Quora
Quora is a popular question-and-answer platform with millions of users looking for answers to their questions. By answering questions related to your blog’s niche, you can establish yourself as an authority in your field and drive traffic to your blog.
Here are some tips on how to promote your blog on Quora:
- Identify relevant questions: Look for questions related to your blog’s niche. Use Quora’s search feature to find questions that you can answer. Focus on questions that are relevant to your blog and where you can provide valuable insights.
- Provide valuable answers: When answering questions on Quora, provide detailed and valuable answers. Be concise, but also provide enough information to help the person asking the question. Use examples and data to support your answers.
- Link to your blog: Include a link to your blog in your Quora answers, but do so in a non-promotional way. For example, you can include a link to a blog post that provides additional information on the topic. Avoid being too promotional or spammy, as this can hurt your credibility.
- Engage with the community: Engage with the Quora community by upvoting and commenting on other people’s answers. This will help you build relationships with other Quora users and increase your visibility on the platform.
- Monitor your analytics: Monitor your blog’s analytics to track the traffic coming from Quora. Use this data to refine your strategy and focus on the questions that are driving the most traffic to your blog.
5. Reaching Out To Influencers For Promoting Your Blog Posts
Reaching out to influencers is a strategy for promoting your blog posts that can help you reach a larger audience and increase your blog’s credibility.
Influencers are people who have a large and, most important, engaged following on social media, and they can help you reach your target audience and drive traffic to your blog. Here are some tactics:
- Identify relevant influencers: Identify influencers who are relevant to your blog’s niche.
- Research their content: Research the content that the influencers are posting to see if it aligns with your blog’s niche, and obviously, your values. Make sure you understand their brand and their audience before reaching out.
- Reach out with a personalized message: Reach out to influencers with a personalized message explaining why you think they would be interested in your blog. Be specific about what you like about their content and how your blog can add value to their followers.
- Offer value: Offer influencers something of value in exchange for promoting your blog. This could be a guest post on your blog or a social media shoutout to their followers.
- Follow up: Follow up with the influencers after you have reached out to them. Be patient and respectful, and don’t be afraid to follow up multiple times.
Related Content: Influencer Marketing: A Complete Guide
6. Using Heatmaps For Analyzing User Behavior
Heatmaps are a great tool for analyzing user behavior on your blog and optimizing your content to improve engagement and conversions. By using heatmaps, you can see where users are clicking, scrolling, and spending the most time on your site. This information can help you make informed decisions about where to place your content, how to structure your pages, and what type of content to create.
Implement the following tactics:
- Choose a heatmap tool: There are many heatmap tools available, both free and paid. Some popular options include Hotjar, Crazy Egg, and Mouseflow. Choose a tool that is easy to use and provides the insights you need.
- Install the heatmap tool: Once you have chosen a tool, install it on your blog. Most heatmap tools require you to add a snippet of code to your website’s header or footer. If you run a WordPress site, use this plugin to easily insert it: WP Code.
- Analyze user behavior: Once the heatmap tool is installed, start analyzing user behavior on your blog. Look for patterns in where users are clicking, scrolling, and spending the most time on your site. This information can help you identify areas where you need to improve your content or user experience.
- Optimize your content: Based on the insights you gather from the heatmap tool, optimize your content and user experience. This may include moving your call-to-action buttons to more prominent locations, improving your navigation menu, or creating more engaging content.
- Monitor your results: After making changes to your blog, monitor your results using the heatmap tool. Look for improvements in user behavior, such as increased clicks or engagement. Use this information to make further improvements and optimize your blog over time.
7. Guest Posting On Popular Blogs
By writing high-quality content for other blogs in your niche, you can establish yourself as an authority and drive traffic back to your blog. Here are some tactics for promoting your blog posts:
- Identify relevant blogs: Identify popular blogs in your niche that accept guest posts. Look for blogs with a large and engaged audience that would be interested in your content.
- Research their content: Research the content that the blog is posting to see if it aligns with your blog’s niche. Make sure you understand their brand and their audience before reaching out.
- Reach out with a personalized pitch: Reach out to the blog owner with a personalized pitch explaining why you think their readers would be interested in your content. Be specific about what you can offer and what topics you would like to write about.
- Follow their guidelines: Follow the blog’s guest posting guidelines carefully. This may include submitting your article in a specific format or adhering to a specific word count.
- Promote your guest post: Once your guest post is published, promote it on your own blog and social media platforms. This will help drive traffic back to your blog and increase your visibility.
8. Posting Your Blog Posts On Flipboard
Flipboard is a social media platform that allows users to create and curate digital magazines based on their interests. By posting your blog posts on Flipboard, you can reach a new audience and drive traffic to your blog. Here are some tips:
- Create a Flipboard account: To get started, create a Flipboard account and set up your profile. This will allow you to create and curate digital magazines based on your interests.
- Create a magazine: Create a magazine on Flipboard and add your blog posts to it. You can create multiple magazines based on different topics related to your blog’s niche.
- Use relevant tags: When adding your blog posts to Flipboard, use relevant tags to make it easier for users to find your content. This will increase your visibility on the platform and drive more traffic to your blog.
- Engage with the community: Engage with other Flipboard users by commenting on their posts and sharing their content. This will help you build relationships with other Flipboard users and increase your visibility on the platform.
- Promote your Flipboard magazines: Promote your Flipboard magazines on your blog and other social media platforms. Encourage your readers to follow your magazines on Flipboard to stay up to date with your latest content.
9. Leveraging SEO Tools To Audit Your Website’s Performance
Leveraging SEO tools to audit your website’s performance is a critical step in promoting your blog posts. SEO tools can help you identify issues that may be affecting your website’s search engine ranking and provide suggestions for improving your website’s performance.
- Choose an SEO tool: There are many SEO tools available, both free and paid. Some popular options include Google Analytics, SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Moz. Choose a tool that fits your needs and budget.
- Conduct a website audit: Once you have chosen an SEO tool, conduct a website audit to identify any technical issues that may be affecting your website’s performance. The audit should include checking for broken links, duplicate content, page speed, and mobile responsiveness.
- Analyze your keyword performance: Use your SEO tool to analyze your keyword performance and identify any opportunities for improvement. Look for keywords with high search volumes and low competition, and optimize your content accordingly.
- Monitor your backlinks: Use your SEO tool to monitor your backlinks and identify any toxic backlinks that may be harming your website’s ranking. Disavow any toxic backlinks to improve your website’s ranking.
- Optimize your content: Use your SEO tool to identify any gaps in your content and optimize your content accordingly. Focus on creating high-quality, engaging content that provides value to your readers.
- Monitor your progress: After implementing changes to your website, monitor your progress using your SEO tool. Look for improvements in your website’s ranking and traffic. Use this information to make further improvements and optimize your website over time.
Related Content: 10 Tips For Writing Effective SEO Blog Posts
10. Leveraging Social Media Channels
With billions of active users on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn, these platforms offer a great opportunity to reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your website.
Here are some tactics to implement:
- Share your posts on multiple platforms: Don’t limit yourself to just one social media platform. Share your blog posts on multiple platforms to reach a wider audience and increase your chances of driving traffic back to your website.
- Use eye-catching visuals: Social media is a visual medium, so make sure to include high-quality images or videos in your posts to grab people’s attention and encourage them to click through to your blog.
- Craft engaging captions: Your captions should be short, snappy, and compelling. Use clear, concise language that conveys the value of your blog post and why people should read it.
- Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags can help increase the visibility of your posts and make them more discoverable to people who are interested in your topic. Use relevant hashtags in your posts to help people find your content.
- Engage with your audience: Social media is a two-way conversation, so make sure to engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages. This can help build relationships with your followers and increase the chances of them sharing your content with their own networks.
- Schedule your posts: Use a social media scheduling tool to schedule your posts in advance. This can help you stay consistent with your posting schedule and ensure that your content is getting in front of your audience on a regular basis.
Promoting your blog posts is essential if you want to drive traffic to your website, reach a wider audience, establish yourself as an authority in your field, and convert into sales. By leveraging a variety of strategies, you can increase your reach and engagement, and ultimately achieve your goals.
While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to promoting your blog posts, experimenting with different strategies and tracking your results can help you identify what works best for your audience and goals.