Pinterest is a social media channel you should take into account because:
- It’s the second generator traffic to your website.
- Almost 40 % of users choose Pinterest over Google. Yes, Pinterest is a search engine.
- A pin lasts 151.200 min (Facebook post: 90 minutes; Tweet: 24 minutes)
Here are 5 tips on how to improve your visual marketing on Pinterest.
1. Create an awesome profile
Get started on your profile by adding:
- An image that represents your company.
- A short message about your company.
- Your website/blog.
- A link to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
2. Clean your boards every month
Schedule to go through your boards every month and delete all of the pins that have fewer than five repins.
Why should you do this?
You need to do that for Pinterest ‘s algorithm to view your account as high quality and recommend your pins to other users.
How do you do it?
Step #1 Click on the board you want to clean.
Step #2. Click on the Move Pins button at the top left corner of the board.
Step #3. Next, click on the Move button.
3. Repin popular pins to your account.
What are the most popular pins?
Make sure you include them on your boards.
4. Title and describe your boards with keywords
You should treat your pin descriptions as you would the title of a web page.
5. Verify your traffic-driven pins with Google Analytics.
You should verify your website on Pinterest because it allows you to view your website stats.
Now, Google Analytics will provide a look at the overall traffic sources that deliver visitors to your site. Go to Google Analytics > Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels.
Be Creative | Be Social