“How to get verified on Instagram” is a very popular question, and there are so many misconceptions around it that we would like to uncover in this post.
Do I need to have 10K to apply? No. Do I need to pay for it? No.
If you are confused about it, yet want to take your Instagram game to the next level, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we cover the ins and outs of the Instagram Blue Checkmark.
What Is a Verified Badge On Instagram?
A verified badge is a check verified that appears next to an Instagram account’s name.
It shows that Instagram has confirmed the authenticity of the public figure, celebrity or brand who owns that account.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting Verified On Instagram
There are many benefits of getting verified on Instagram. Here we are going to talk about 3.
- You or your company are notable. Which means you’re considered a publicly known figure or brand.
- You rank at the top of Instagram search results.
- You prevent imposters, so users can be sure that you are the real deal.
Who Can Get Verified On Instagram
Then, your account also needs to be:
- Authentic: Must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Must represent the unique presence of the person or business. So forget about your pet.
Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity.
They review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources. They don’t take into account paid or sponsored media content as sources.
How To Get Verified On Instagram In 6 Steps
Here are the 6 steps on how to get verified on Instagram:
- Log in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Tap profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap more options in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Click Account, then tap Request verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID or official business documents).
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then tap Submit.
What are the on-screen instructions?
Step #1 – Confirm authenticity
Step #2 – Confirm notability (plus Links)
Be careful because:
• Submitting a request (or several) doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified.
• Applying for a verified badge multiple times before receiving a reply will cancel your application.
If you got verified on Instagram:
- It will not verify your account on Facebook.
- You may not change the username on your account.
- Verification cannot be transferred to a different account.
Mistakes To Avoid On Instagram
Some of the mistakes we are going to list are already forbidden by Instagram Terms and Conditions. So, be extra careful if you are going to apply for the verified badge.
Avoid at all costs:
- Giving false information. If they found out, forget about the verification, and what’s worse, you can even lose your account.
- Buying likes or followers.
- Using third-party services to apply for the verification. These are scams. Applications are free, and must be applied by the owner of the account.
In this post, we addressed the steps to follow in order to apply for the Instagram verification.
Whether you get it or not, our recommendation is to focus on building and growing your presence on Instagram.
Don’t worry. You’ll be able to apply again, once you feel you have a solid application.
And if you get the blue badge, congrats! Let’s rock on Instagram!