Getting more followers on Twitter can be a great way to increase your reach, grow your brand, and engage with a larger audience. However, it can be a bit challenging, especially if you’re just starting out.
In this post, we are going to cover the optimization of your profile, how to write and share good tweets and threads, the best Twitter hacks, and how to use Twitter Analytics. But we also explain how to use it to generate inbound leads and traffic to your website, and sales.
Table of Contents
Twitter is a social media platform, owned by Elon Musk, that allows users to share short, 280-character messages called “tweets” with their followers.
With Twitter Blue, an opt-in, paid subscription that adds a blue checkmark to your account, you’ll enjoy other features, like Edit Tweet, Tweet up to 10,000 characters, bumping into half ads, etc.
Tweets can include text, images, videos, and links, and can be posted from a computer or mobile device. Twitter also allows users to follow other users, and see their tweets in a timeline.
Twitter has become a popular platform for sharing news, opinions, and engaging with others on a wide range of topics. The platform has also been used for business and marketing purposes, as well as for promoting social causes and activism.
Benefits Of Getting More Followers On Twitter
There are several reasons why business owners or businesses may want to get more followers on Twitter:
Having a larger number of followers means that your tweets are being seen by more people, which can help you increase your reach and get your message in front of a wider audience.
2) Brand Awareness
For businesses, increasing the number of followers can help increase brand awareness and visibility. The more followers you have, the more likely it is that your brand will be recognized and remembered by potential customers.
3) Influencer Marketing
Individuals with numerous followers on Twitter can become influencers, who have the ability to influence their followers’ opinions and behavior. Brands may partner with influencers to promote their products or services to a wider audience.
4) Social Proof
Having many followers on Twitter can serve as social proof, which can be important in establishing credibility and trustworthiness. People may be more likely to follow and engage with accounts that have lots of followers.
5) Engagement and Feedback
Having a larger number of followers on Twitter can also lead to increased engagement and feedback from your audience. This can help you learn more about your audience, improve your content, and build stronger relationships with your followers.
How To Get More Followers On Twitter
Here are the ways you can use to get more followers on Twitter:
1. Optimize your profile
Optimizing your Twitter profile can help you gain more followers, increase engagement, and build your brand. Here are some tips to optimize your Twitter profile:
- Choose a profile picture that is clear, high-quality, and represents you or your brand. It could be a headshot, logo, or other image.
- Write a clear and concise bio that accurately describes you or your brand. Use keywords that are relevant to your industry or interests.
- Customize your header image to showcase your brand or personality. This could be a branded image or a photo that represents your interests.
- Include a link to your website or blog in your bio to drive traffic and help others learn more about you or your brand.
- Pin a tweet to the top of your profile to showcase your most important content.
2. Tweet regularly
Regular tweeting keeps your account active and helps you stay top-of-mind with your followers. Make sure to tweet interesting and relevant content that will appeal to your target audience.
Deciding what to tweet can be challenging, especially if you’re new to Twitter or don’t have a clear content strategy in place. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Share your thoughts and opinions on industry news or current events related to your interests or niche.
- Provide tips and advice on topics related to your area of expertise.
- Ask your followers questions to encourage engagement and conversation.
- Share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your life or work, or showcase your personality and interests.
- Post links to relevant articles or blog posts, along with a brief summary or commentary.
- Share photos or videos that highlight your brand, products, or services.
- Participate in Twitter chats or use relevant hashtags to increase your visibility and reach new audiences.
- Retweet or quote tweet content from other users that you find interesting or relevant.
Related content: How to Create a Content Plan For Social Media
Types of content to share on Twitter
There are many different types of content you can share on Twitter to engage with your audience and grow your following. Here are some ideas:
- Text-based tweets: Share your thoughts and opinions on relevant topics, or ask your followers questions to encourage engagement and discussion.
- Images and graphics: Share images or graphics related to your brand or industry. This could include product photos, infographics, or memes.
- Videos: Share videos related to your brand or industry, including product demos, tutorials, or interviews.
- Live tweets: Share live updates from events, conferences, or other relevant activities. This can include live-tweeting presentations or sharing behind-the-scenes content.
- Curated content: Share articles, blog posts, or other content related to your industry or niche. Make sure to credit the original author or source.
- User-generated content: Share content created by your followers, such as customer testimonials or user-generated photos.
- Contests and giveaways: Hold contests or giveaways to encourage engagement and reward your followers.
How to write good tweets
Writing good tweets is all about being concise, engaging, and adding value to your audience. Here are some tips to help you write effective tweets:
- Keep it short: Twitter’s character limit is 280 characters, so it’s important to be concise and get your message across in as few words as possible.
- Use attention-grabbing headlines: Your tweet should be eye-catching and encourage users to click through to your content. Use headlines that are interesting and relevant to your audience.
- Include multimedia: Adding images, videos, or GIFs to your tweets can help them stand out in a user’s feed and increase engagement rates.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags can help users discover your content and increase visibility on the platform. Use relevant hashtags that are popular and likely to be searched by your target audience.
- Use clear language: Use simple and clear language that is easy to understand. Avoid jargon or technical terms that may not be familiar to your audience.
- Provide value: Your tweets should add value to your audience in some way. Whether it’s providing helpful tips, sharing interesting news, or asking thought-provoking questions, make sure your content is useful and engaging.
- Engage with your audience: Responding to comments or mentions can help build relationships with your followers and encourage more engagement on your profile.
Remember, the key to writing good tweets is to be authentic, engaging, and provide value to your audience. By focusing on these key elements, you can create tweets that resonate with your audience and increase engagement rates over time.
How to write good threads
Writing a good thread on Twitter can be an effective way to convey a longer message or tell a story in a series of tweets. Here are some tips for writing good threads on Twitter:
- Plan your thread: Before you start tweeting, plan out the overall structure and message you want to convey in your thread. This will help ensure that each tweet builds on the previous one and leads to a satisfying conclusion.
- Use a clear and concise headline: Start your thread with a clear and concise headline that captures the main message or idea you want to convey. This will help draw users in and encourage them to keep reading.
- Number your tweets: Numbering your tweets (e.g. 1/10, 2/10, etc.) can help users keep track of the thread and ensure they read all the tweets in the correct order.
- Use visuals: Adding images or videos to your thread can help break up the text and make it more engaging. Just make sure the visuals are relevant to the content and add value to the thread.
- Use a consistent tone and style: Use a consistent tone and style throughout the thread to make it easy to follow and understand. This can include using the same language, formatting, and voice throughout the thread.
- Engage with your audience: Encourage engagement by asking questions, soliciting feedback, or encouraging users to share their own stories or experiences related to the topic.
- Provide value: Each tweet in the thread should provide value to your audience in some way. This can include providing information, insights, or tips that are helpful or interesting to your followers.
Best Twitter hacks
While Twitter constantly changes its algorithm, there are some tips and tricks that can help you make the most out of the platform. Here are some of the best Twitter hacks:
- Use advanced search: Twitter’s advanced search feature can help you find tweets and users based on specific criteria, such as keywords, hashtags, location, and language. This can be especially useful for finding potential followers or monitoring brand mentions.
- Schedule your tweets: Scheduling your tweets can help you maintain a consistent presence on Twitter and reach users in different time zones. We cover how to schedule tweets in this post. But you can also use tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule your tweets in advance.
- Use Twitter lists: Twitter lists allow you to curate a group of users based on a specific topic or interest. You can then easily monitor and engage with those users, without cluttering up your main feed.
- Analyze your metrics: Twitter’s analytics dashboard can provide valuable insights into your audience, engagement rates, and top-performing tweets. Use this data to refine your strategy and improve your content over time.
- Use Twitter cards: Twitter cards allow you to add rich media, such as images or videos, to your tweets, making them more engaging and shareable. This can help increase visibility and reach on the platform.
- Use GIFs and emojis: GIFs and emojis can help make your tweets more fun and eye-catching, which can increase engagement rates. Just be sure to use them in moderation and in a way that’s relevant to your brand or content.
Remember to always follow Twitter’s terms of service and community guidelines, and to prioritize building authentic relationships with your followers over short-term hacks or gimmicks.
How to schedule tweets on Twitter
Twitter allows you to schedule your tweets in advance so that you can ensure your content is posted at optimal times and maintain a consistent presence on the platform. Here’s how to schedule tweets on Twitter:
- Log in to your Twitter account and click the “Tweet” button.
- Compose your tweet as you normally would, including any media or links you want to include.
- Once you have composed your tweet, click on the calendar icon located at the bottom of the tweet composer.
- Select the date and time that you want your tweet to be posted.
- Click “Schedule” to schedule your tweet.
Your tweet will now be scheduled and will be automatically posted to your Twitter account at the date and time you selected.
Note that Twitter allows you to schedule up to 350 tweets at a time. You can also edit or delete scheduled tweets by going to the “Scheduled” tab on your Twitter profile and selecting the tweet you want to modify or delete.
Additionally, third-party social media management tools like Hootsuite, Buffer, or Tweet Deck allow you to schedule tweets in advance and manage multiple social media platforms at once, providing more robust scheduling and management features. We are sharing you more digital tools later in this post.
3. Use hashtags
Hashtags help you reach a wider audience beyond your followers. Use relevant hashtags in your tweets to get discovered by people who are interested in the topics you’re tweeting about.
4. Engage with others
Engaging with other users on Twitter can help you build relationships and grow your following. Respond to tweets, retweet interesting content, and participate in Twitter chats and conversations.
5. Follow others
Following others is a great way to get noticed and get follow-backs. Make sure to follow people who are relevant to your interests or industry and engage with their content.
6. Promote your Twitter account
Promote your Twitter account on other social media platforms, your website, or in your email signature. You can also run Twitter ads to increase your visibility and reach more people.
Remember, building a strong following takes time and effort, so be patient and persistent. Focus on creating high-quality content and engaging with your audience, and your followers will grow over time.
Tools To Enhance Your Twitter Experience
Here are some digital tools that can help you manage and enhance your Twitter experience:
- Hootsuite: A social media management tool that allows you to schedule tweets, monitor mentions and keywords, and analyze your Twitter performance.
- TweetDeck: A Twitter-specific dashboard that allows you to view multiple columns of your Twitter feed, mentions, messages, and more in real-time.
- Buffer: A social media scheduling tool that allows you to create and schedule tweets in advance, and also provides analytics on your Twitter activity.
- Canva: A design tool that allows you to create eye-catching graphics and images to include in your tweets.
- Tweepi: A Twitter management tool that helps you identify relevant users to follow, unfollow inactive accounts, and manage your Twitter lists.
- Followerwonk: A Twitter analytics tool that provides insights into your followers, their interests, and their behavior on Twitter.
- Twitter Analytics: Twitter’s own analytics tool that provides data on your tweets, followers, and engagement metrics.
- Twitter Advanced Search: A powerful search tool that allows you to search for tweets based on specific keywords, hashtags, locations, and more.
By using these digital tools, you can streamline your Twitter management and create more engaging and effective tweets.
Be authentic and genuine in your interactions on Twitter, and prioritize building relationships over self-promotion. By engaging with other users and sharing valuable content, you can build a strong social presence and grow your following over time.