Creating social media content is a challenge for any small business. The majority try to create and share content on the go without any strategy behind. That’s why some repeat the same content or, what’s worse, they quit posting after a while since they don’t see any result.
In this post, we show you how to create and promote social media content step-by-step: from elaborating a social media content strategy, creating and sharing social media content, and analyzing the results.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Having a Strong Social Media Presence
Brands are using social media for three main reasons:
- Build brand loyalty
- Interact with their audience, and
- Apply cost-effective marketing
The last reason is very powerful in terms of the opportunity to reach your potential customers, especially for small businesses. Social media networks are growing and, according to DataReportal 2022, 75% of internet users use social media to research products.
So your social media presence should be indisputable.
How To Create a Social Media Strategy
Here are the steps you can follow to create a social media strategy:
Step # 1- Define your social media goals
To write down your social media goals, ask yourself, “What do you want to achieve?”
Some of the most common social media goals are:
- Brand awareness – This is an important goal because your social media account with your name and its content makes your brand known to potential customers.
- Promoting interaction with users – Consumers think that brands that engage their audience are best-in-class on social networks.
- Generate leads and sales – Don’t underestimate the power of social media to promote your products and services.
Step # 2 – Get to know your audience
You need to understand who your audience is, what they are interested in, and how you can serve their needs.
- Answer the following questions:
- Who do you want to reach?
- What do they care about?
- What problems do they need solved?
- How and where do you like to consume information?
You can use tools like Metricool. They have a freemium package that you can start right now for free.
Related Content: The Complete Guide To Creating a Customer Avatar
Step # 3 – Set your KPIs
You must identify the metrics that you’ll use to gauge success. Numbers tell the truth.
Your KPIs might look like:
- Reach – Number of users that haven seen your posts
- Clicks – Number of clicks on your posts
- Engagement – Number of interactions divided by the number of impressions.
- Likes – Track the organic and paid likes.
Step # 4 – Create and promote content
How To Create Social Media Content
Content is perhaps the most important element in a social media strategy. It is useful to have a list of ideas for creating content, such as the following:
1. Do a survey
2. Ask your followers
3. Check out trending content
4. Use a book title
5. Use Buzzsumo
6. Raise a question and answer it
7. Read your blog comments
8. Do a Google Search for popular keywords
9. Visit Quora to find questions and answer them
10. Check out the trending topics in your Twitter sidebar
11. Do brainstorming
12. Use content of competitors to your advantage.
13. Read an industry magazine
14. Type a keyword into Pinterest’s search box
15. Share your achievement
16. Find keyword suggestions with Ubersuggest
17. Check out Events on Facebook
18. What’s happening in the news
19. Visit LinkedIn groups
20. Behind the scene posts
21. A photo
22. Make a poll
23. Write about your favorite products
24. Ask the mood of the fans
25. Fun facts
Once you come up with content ideas, it’s important to take advantage as much as you can and create as many pieces as you can.
We use an Add & Multiply Methodology.
What does it consist of?
From a large piece of content (for instance, a long article), we create several.
Then, we can use different formats according to the social media platforms. For instance: We can create reels, carousel, stories, etc.
There are many types of content that you can create from the main content: Graphics, Photos, Infographics, GIFs, Hacks, Tricks, Tutorials, Checklists, Testimonials, Tools, FAQs, Surveys, Interviews, Promotional Video, Predictions, Case Studies, Questionnaires, News, Giveaways, Memes, etc.
How To Promote Social Media Content
You must promote your social media content
- Organically – SEO optimized articles, Instagram Photo, etc.
- With paid media – Facebook/Instagram Ads, Google Ads, etc.
- With earned media – Affiliation, UGC, etc.
Step # 5 – Analyze your social media strategy
Use tools like Google Analytics or social media insights to understand what works and what doesn’t.
It’s important to elaborate a social media strategy, so your business can achieve their goals.
Follow these steps:
1- Define your social media goals
2 – Get to know your audience
3 – Set your KPIs
4 – Create and promote content
5 – Analyze your social media strategy
Remember: Numbers will tell you what works and what doesn’t. If it doesn’t, you should modify your strategy until it works.