In order to create a lead generation content strategy, you should understand its focus: building a relationship with your audience.
That relationship starts with them:
- Giving you their time
- Interacting with you
- Giving you their information
- And ultimately, paying you for your product or/and service
So how are we going to nurture our audience till they purchase our products and services: through content marketing.
Even if some goes directly to purchase your stuff, the general customer journey goes through giving you their information first.
And the question is, how are we going to make them give us their information?
We are going to create a Lead Generation Content Strategy.
Table of Contents
What’s Lead Generation Content
Lead-generation content marketing is the strategic marketing tactic that focuses on filling our databases with potential clients, by offering relevant content to educate them, solve their problems, and gain their trust.
Keep in mind that 96% of the first-time website visitors are not ready to purchase. So if you don’t want to waste a huge part of your audience, your job is to create a content marketing strategy for lead generation.
5 Benefits of Lead Generation Content
There are many key benefits of creating and distributing lead generation content.
Lead Generation Content Marketing,
- Increases your databases with quality leads
- Boost revenue
- Eliminate cold calling (and emailing)
- Better market positioning
- Cost-effective method
6 Steps to Creating a lead generation content strategy
Here are the steps (with examples) we use in our agency that will help you create your lead generation content strategy
Step #1 – Understand your ideal client – your buyer persona
You might wonder what’s a buyer persona. A buyer-persona is a semi-fictional profile of your ideal client. Think of their age, occupation, education, personality, goals, frustrations, Tech-user, and so on.
One of our ideal clients is Small Business Owners.
Small business owners usually have two main problems:
- They don’t have digital marketing knowledge. Or they just know something.
- They don’t have time.
Step #2 – Match your content with search intent
What’s search intent?
Search intent is the concept which describes the purpose of an online search. The WHY.
There are mainly 4 types of search intent:
- Informational intent – It’s when users are looking for information. They usually want quick answers.
- Navigational intent – Users with this intent, they are searching for a specific website.
- Transactional intent – Searchers are ready to buy. That means they already know what they want to purchase.
- Commercial intent (or investigation) – Users are considering a transaction. They have the intention to buy in the (near) future and use the web to do their research.
With that in mind, you should create several content assets targeting each of those search intents.
So, for our ideal client, remember, the small business owner, we are going to create a content asset with informational intent. That is, a lead magnet: E-Book, “How to sell products online (5 Strategies to apply now)”.
Step # 3 – Create high-quality gated content
You can create content in many forms, but one thing must be understood: you need to create high-quality content.
You’ll be competing for attention, so ensure your content is accurate, backed by true facts and research.
Types of lead generation content:
- Free audits
- Gated blog posts
- White papers
Related Content: 20 Lead Magnet Ideas To Increase Subscribers
Step # 4 – Optimize your content for conversions
In order to capture leads, you have to optimize your content for conversions.
For instance, place your CTAs strategically throughout your blog posts. Use links, colorful buttons to grab your audience’s attention.
Step # 5 – Build high-converting landing pages
Creating a landing page is essential to create your lead magnet.
What are the main components of a landing page?
A high-converting landing page should include:
- A unique selling proposition
- A hero shot or video
- Compelling benefits
- Inspirational social proof
- Strong call to action
Step #6 – Determine your distribution channels
As you’ve posted your content on your blog (website), that content should be optimized for SEO.
Yet, that’s not enough.
Besides, you should distribute your content:
- On social media
- By emailing your database
- Through paid promotion
Related Content: 5 Strategies To Generate Leads For Your Business
1. Creating lead generation content
2. Creating a landing page
3. Email marketing and automation
High-value content helps companies to attract traffic to our websites, and generate leads.
To achieve our goals, it is absolutely necessary that we elaborate marketing strategies and that we apply them.
Here are the steps to Creating a lead generation content strategy:
- Understand your ideal client – your buyer persona
- Match your content with search intent
- Create high-quality gated content
- Optimize your content for conversions
- Build high-converting landing pages
- Determine your distribution channels
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help. We will be happy to guide you.