Are you thinking of creating a video marketing strategy for your business?
Nowadays, it’s undeniable the importance of video marketing in any digital marketing plan.
In this post, we’ll show you how to create a video marketing strategy, so you can market and position your business, improve lead generation and conversion with this content format.
What is video marketing
Video marketing is a strategic tactic to use video to promote your products and/or services.
Some social media platforms, such as TikTok and Instagram, has helped to boost this platform. And while doing so, many apps and other low-cost tools have been created to help make video production available to everyone.
As a matter of fact, many brands use only their smartphones to create video content marketing.
Benefits of video marketing for businesses
If you are not sure if you have to elaborate and implement a video marketing for your business, you’ll decide once you are aware of the benefits.
1. Video marketing boosts your brand awareness
Sharing videos on social media platforms like Instagram Reels, TikTok, social media ads, Google Ads etc. helps reach new audiences.
2. SEO positioning
Embracing video as part of a digital marketing strategy is a must, knowing that Google’s algorithm has given more relevance to pages with video content in search results.
3. Video format improves lead generation and conversion
Video marketing statistics show that:
- 90% say video marketing has helped them generate leads
- 87% say it has helped them increase sales.
Besides, it doesn’t surprise us to learn that 70% of ‘non-videomarketers’ plan to start online video marketing in 2023, according to Wyzowl.
How to Create a Video Marketing Strategy
As any marketing strategy, before starting to create content, it’s important to have a plan.
So, take pen and paper to write down the steps you can follow to create a successful video marketing strategy.
Step # 1 – Understand your buyer customer and set video marketing goals
Thinking about the 4 stages of a marketing funnel, we can think of 4 video marketing goals.
- Awareness – Brand Awareness, reaching new customers.
- Consideration – Generate leads
- Decision – Generate conversions
- Action or Adoption – Educate your customers
Don’t forget to turn your goals into SMART objectives.
Related Content: The Complete Guide To Creating a Customer Avatar
Step # 2 – Choose the platforms where you are going to share your videos
You can begin by choosing the platforms where your business has already an account.
Then, if you are not in the following social media platforms, consider:
- YouTube (Landscape Video and YouTube Shorts)
- Instagram (Instagram Live, Instagram Reels, Instagram Stories)
- TikTok (TikTok Live, TikTok Stories)
- Facebook (Facebook Live, Facebook Stories)
- Twitter (Twitter Landscape, Twitter Livestream)
- Pinterest (Idea Pins, Portrait video)
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Landscape, Livestream LinkedIn)
Step # 3 – Determine the types of video you can create and work best for your business
Here’s a list of the types of video you can pick and create video marketing for your business:
- Brand video
- Product demonstration
- Personalized videos
- Behind-the-scene videos
- User generated videos
- Educational video
- Product Review
- Thank-You videos
Creativisocial tip: If you are starting, make your life easier: Create simple and short videos.
Step # 4 – Plan Video Production
Later we are going to cover the stages of video production. Yet, overall, the step of planning includes:
- Listing of equipment and production tools
- Writing and editing the script
- Planning the shoot, considering light, resources, location, and others.
After you’ve planned your videos, use time blocking to produce your videos.
Identify the tasks you have to endeavor, estimate how many hours it will take you to get it done, block the time in your favorite calendar.
Step # 5 – Schedule and promote your video marketing
Scheduling enhances productivity.
Use your favorite scheduling platforms to schedule your videos. Write a compelling caption and a call to action.
Use social media ads to promote them. You can reach new audiences and get more conversions.
Step # 6 – Gather metrics & KPI’s and analyze them
No online marketing strategy is successful if we don’t understand and analyze the data.
We can think of many KPI’s you can track, but making it easier, follow these ones:
- Engagement rate
- Click-through rate
- Conversion rate
- Average watch time
- Play rate
- Return on Investment (ROI)
Step # 7 – Test, test, and test
Make room for experimentation. Allow your business to be creative by getting out of your comfort zone.
If you don’t try, you won’t know what works or what doesn’t.
Stages of Video Production
The process of creating a video consists of 3 stages.
Once you’ve created a video marketing strategy, it’s time to have fun.
- Pre-production is the phase where you brainstorm the storyboard, the main message, the length, style, and write down the script.
- Production day is all about lighting, audio and visual stuff.
- Post-production is the moment when you or other professional edit the video. Here’s great to notice that subtitles and captions (don’t forget CTAs!) help increase video views by 80%.
This is a 7-step guide to creating your video marketing strategy.
We strongly recommend that you create and apply a video marketing strategy. However, do not set too many goals at the beginning because it can paralyze you. Create 1-3 short videos, and analyze. From then on, escalate.