A successful Social Media Marketing Strategy means having a well thought out plan that guides you in everything from attracting users to converting your followers into paying customers.
The social media landscape is constantly changing. That’s why it’s so important to always be testing and trying new tactics.
Here are 12 tips to improve your social media marketing:
1. Lay out your social media strategy
Having a solid plan is imperative if you want to achieve your goals.
Here are some tips to help your brand tackle your goals with purpose:
- Determine your company’s business goals
- Uncover the customer experience
- Create quality content
- Develop channels promotions
- Deploy check-back analysis.
2. Make impact with visuals
Visual media is a must on social media.
Actually you should align your visual with your content marketing strategy, by focusing on your goals, your audience and the problems your organization solves.
3. Use a Call to Action (CTA) on your posts
It’s important to let your fans and followers know what you want them to do next.
According to AdRoll, adding CTAs to your Facebook Page can increase click-through rate by 285%.
4. Don’t sell hard on social media
Smart marketing is about help, not hype.JAY BAER
Does this mean you cannot promote your products and services or even your next event?
You can (and you should) share those with your audience. But keep the promotional stuff to 20% or less of what you post. Your content strategy should focus on being educational, inspirational and informational.
5. Use hashtags
Hashtags are pretty much an essential part of your content strategy.
As you may know, a hashtag on social media is a keyword or phrase preceded by the hash symbol #. They got their start on Twitter as a way of making it easier for users to find and contribute the conversation.
Nowadays you can use them almost on every social media platform.
Consider using the following types of hashtags:
- Branded #creativisocial
- Location #newyorkcity
- Product #coffee
- Event #nymarathon
- Niche #socialmediamarketing
6. Be responsive and engaging with your audience
If you actively engage your social media audience and respond to their engagements in a positive and timely manner, your brand value will gain considerably.
Read and respond to comments and questions. Follow other people, and comment on their posts.
Social media is all about engagement.
7. Utilize Pinterest to take your strategy to the next level
Pinterest is a social media channel you should take into account because:
- It’s the second generator traffic to your website.
- Almost 40 % of users choose Pinterest over Google. Yes, Pinterest is a search engine.
- A pin lasts 151.200 min (Facebook post: 90 minutes; Tweet: 24 minutes)
As a visual search engine, Pinterest has the ability to maximize your website traffic, your income, and your credibility and authority in your niche.
8. Use emojis to boost your social media posts
Using emojis in text messages, social content, and even on your profile status is very common today. It helps us to express our feelings better than words.
If you want to increase brand awareness, humanize your brand and increase user engagement, you should start using emojis in your social media posts and campaigns.
Let’s also have fun! Ask your followers to interact with your post using an emoji. It’s going to be an easy way to encourage engagement.
9. Repurpose your content
Repurposing or recycling means taking existing content and reusing it somewhere else, in a different context.
One easy way to repurpose content is to reshare it on social media. However, you can:
- Compile posts to make a long format.
- Turn blog posts into an ebook
- Use data to create infographics
- Use old images to create quotes.
10. Create a sales funnel with emotion, logic and fear
When your goal is to move people through a sales funnel, every type of communication you send should start with emotion, move to logic, and end with fear (urgency and scarcity).
It will definitely help our audience purchase our products or services.
11. Encourage customer feedback
Customer feedback is gold dust to businesses.
Here are some ways on how you can encourage customer feedback:
- Ask them
- Monitor your social media
- Offer an incentive
- Use email
- Give a time guarantee on surveys.
12. Schedule posts to save time
Using an editorial content calendar is extremely useful when it comes to organizing content you want to create and publish.
Whether you build a blog calendar or a social media calendar, you can use free tools or a sophisticated software.
Remember that a simple, visual calendar work as a mental model, and greatly lowers its perceived difficulty.
Be Creative | Be Social