Whether you’re an instagram newbie or an old-timer on the network, these tips will help you come to grips with your Instagram productivity.
1. Decide on a brand strategy.
Why are you using Instagram? Do you want to increase brand awareness? Gain more followers?
Before delivering your message, you should know or/and create one.
2. Find your target audience.
You can follow event hashtags, interest or hobby hashtags, but you have to be active.
How can you be active?
Take your time to read captions, like photos, or even comment them. When you engage with people, you get visibility.
3. Write a powerful profile.
When someone checks out your Instagram feed, the first thing they see is your bio. So let them know what you do. Don’t forget to put your website or Twitter feed, so people can learn more about you.
4. Take your time with your edits.
Instagram offers many sophisticated editing tools. Use them!
5. Pick hashtags carefully.
Using hashtags will allow people to find you. It’s a bit tricky so you will have to create a hashtag strategy.
How can we create a hashtag strategy?
- Be specific.- Never use hashtags that have nothing to do with your photo.
- Be relevant.-Using general hashtags can give you some likes, but relevant ones will help you engage with people who are really interested in your photos.
- Be observant.- Check out hashtags used on other photos, you might find relevant ones.
6. Manage your photo map
Tagging your photos with a location is a great way to grouping photos together. But always be cautious when sharing the location of your photos.
7. Learn from the pros.
Follow a few Instagram experts so you can pick awesome ideas and then apply them on your Instagram.